Skip to content
- Half of small and medium-sized businesses are worried that tough legislation will hamper their ability to grow in the next 12 months.
- Only a fifth of UK workers have taken advantage of new legislation that allows them to request flexible working, research finds.
- More than half of small and medium-sized companies in the UK are experiencing increased operation costs on last quarter.
- John Allan, chairman of the Federation of Small Businesses, has expressed optimism for the fortunes of small companies in 2015.
- Younger business owners are most likely to optimistic about the period leading up to Christmas, research finds.
- Three in five small companies expect to grow their business in 2015, research finds.
- Three quarters of UK small business owners work throughout their holidays, with almost half spending as much as three hours per day on such tasks, research finds.
- Some 59 programmes supported more than 1,100 start-ups in 2014 alone, research finds.
- Small businesses are being subjected to a ‘serious deterioration of payment practices’, putting their cash flow under threat, according to a prominent lobbying group.